In order to try and reduce the number of times Schools have to register exam/assessment information, CTIL are keen to try and utilise the finalised exam details from the information submitted to QAS. Exam/assessment information listed as scheduled in exam diet has been extracted from the QAS data and shared with Schools in the relevant Exams Teams channel. We have asked staff in each School to identify which of the extracted exams/assessments will require a standardised exam module in My Dundee (by the end of Monday 8th March 2021). We will then work with our colleagues in UoD IT to ensure that all exam modules in these lists are created to allow Schools sufficient time to get them set-up for the Semester 2 exam diet.
The exception to the above is Questionmark (QMP) exams. In order to set-up a Questionmark class test or exam, we need significantly more information than what is submitted to QAS, which is why we require staff to register QMP exams individually using the using the CTIL – Online Exam Request form. You can view our Managed Exams – Questionmark guide for further details on the process of setting up a Questionmark exam.
Summary of SEM2 Exam Diet
- CTIL will use the QAS data (along with additional information requested from Schools) to create the standardised exam modules in My Dundee.
- For any exams/assessments listed as requiring an exam module in the process above, we don’t require staff to complete the CTIL Online Exam Request form.
- The CTIL – Online Exam Request form should still be used for ad hoc exam module requests (i.e. those not taking place in the exam diet, or any “late adjustments”).
- All Questionmark class tests/exams must be registered individually using the CTIL – Online Exam Request form.
- The deadline for submission of Questionmark exam papers (to be created by the exam team) is 19th March (for exams taking place in the SEM2 exam diet).
- See our Sharing QMOD exam papers guide for the process for securely sharing your exam paper with the Online Exam Team.
There is scheduled monthly Questionmark maintenance on Saturday 15th May therefore no Questionmark exams should be scheduled in this time, including one that starts on Friday 14th May and ends during the maintenance window.