What is it?
YuJa is a tool integrated with Blackboard to create, capture, edit and share video content with others.
What does it do?
- Directly capture video from a range of sources or upload existing content into a central, online repository.
- Automatically generates transcripts when videos are recorded or uploaded to the platform.
- Manage personal and shared video collections, publishing to specific users, groups or publicly as required.
- Edit video through a simple, easy to use editor or download for editing in high-end editing tools such as Premier or Final Cut.
- Access, share and manage video collections within Modules or Organisations on My Dundee.
- Share and embed videos in the same way you would with YouTube or Vimeo services.
- Supplement video experience with captioning, attached files, moderate-able comments, shared notes and a range of other functions and abilities.
- Create video-based quizzes and assessments, with grades returned to the My Dundee grade centre if required.
- Set video submission assignments for students.
- Institutional portal for public distribution of video.
What Should I know?
You can access the service directly through your My Dundee modules. Once you have logged in at least once through My Dundee, you can access YuJa through video.dundee.ac.uk using Single-Sign On. Logging in through My Dundee first creates your account using your role (instructor/creator or student/viewer).
YuJa comes with a handy mobile app for Android and iOS, which allows you to view videos shared with you and capture and upload recording straight from your phone.