What is it?
Yuja provides instructors and students with a flexible set of tools to capture, edit and distribute video content for a wide range of educational purposes, from assessment to lecture capture.
It is integrated into My Dundee making it easy to author and distribute video within a Module or can be accessed directly for those wishing to manage and distribute video more widely. The service is easy to use, accessible and supports the growing need to support rich digital media in our educational experience.
What does it do?
- Directly capture video from a range of sources or upload existing content into a central, online repository.
- Automatically generates captions for any videos recorded or uploaded to the platform.
- Manage personal and shared video collections, publishing to specific users, groups or publicly as required.
- Edit video through a simple, easy to use editor or download for editing in high-end editing tools such as Premier or Final Cut.
- Access, share and manage video collections within Modules or Organisations on My Dundee.
- Share and embed videos in the same way you would with YouTube or Vimeo services.
- Supplement video experience with captioning, attached files, moderate-able comments, shared notes and a range of other functions and abilities.
- Create video based quizzes and assessments, with grades returned to the My Dundee grade centre if required.
- Set video submission assignments for students.
- Institutional portal for public distribution of video.
- Capture and distribute lectures and events (see below).
- Live streaming of events.
Who is it for?
This service is primarily aimed at education related activities but can be accessed and used by anyone with a UoD login.
YuJa has a main web portal to access the service: video.dundee.ac.uk
This institutional ‘YouTube’ displays all publicly available front-end for university content. This is also the how you can access and manage your video collections – simple open the site and login using the “UoD Single Sign-on” option on the top right of the main interface.
You can also access the service directly through your My Dundee modules, which gives you all the same tools and functionality as using the above portal.
Accessing YuJa through My Dundee bypasses the need to login since you’re already authenticated by the University authentication service.
YuJa comes with a handy mobile app for Android and iOS, which allows you to view videos shared with you and capture and upload recording straight from your phone.
You can find guides that are specific for the University of Dundee on this site. Have a look at the contents menu on this page or use the search and if you have any technical problems contact Help4U.
Help4U for technical support
If you have a technical issues (e.g. error messages, things not working the way you expect, problems with logging in, etc.), then log a call with Help4u. Your call will be routed to the appropriate team, usually in UoD IT or CTIL, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
YuJa provides a comprehensive set of guides on all of their features. There may be some variation between their content and how we’ve setup the service, especially in My Dundee, but most questions about how to use the service will be answered there,
You can also access this support though the main YuJa interface by clicking on the person shaped icon on the top right of the page, and selecting ‘Support’.