Questionmark Assessment – Unexpected Error Issue
Some users are experiencing a ‘Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again’ error when trying to launch a Questionmark assessment from within My Dundee. This error is due to the 3rd party cookies settings in the browser.
We have provided information below on how to enable 3rd party cookies in some of the main browsers, however you should not encounter the issue if accessing a Questionmark assessment using a University PC.
If using a University PC
You can use Edge or Google Chrome to access a Questionmark assessment, both of which are installed on University PCs, by navigating to AppsAnywhere.
If using Internet Explorer on your own device
You need to enable 3rd party cookies, or make sure that the following site https://ondemand.questionmark.eu is set as an exception.
Basic instructions on how to manage your cookies in Internet Explorer can be found on the Microsoft support website.
Follow the steps below for detailed instructions on how to do this in Internet Explorer:
- In Internet Explorer, click the settings icon at the top right hand side and select Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab and click on the Advanced button:
- On the Advanced Privacy Settings screen, tick the box to enable ‘Override automatic cookie handling‘ and ensure First and Third party cookies are set to ‘Accept‘. Additionally, tick the ‘Always allow session cookies‘ box, then click on the OK button:
- In My Dundee, navigate back to the page where the assessment link was located. This time, click the Launch button and you should be able to click on the Start Test button on the next screen:
We have provided a basic guide below should you experience an error when using other browsers. This involves enabling 3rd party cookies on your browser (a third-party cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer by a website from a domain other than the one you are visiting).
Basic instructions on how to manage your cookies in Firefox can be found on the Mozilla support website.
- Select Tools (3 horizontal lines icon in top right corner) -> Options -> Privacy.
- Under History, select “Firefox will: Use custom settings for history”.
- Click on the Exceptions button and where it asks for “Address of web site:” enter https://ondemand.questionmark.eu and select Allow.
- Click on Save Changes.
Basic instructions on how to manage your cookies in Chrome can be found on the Google support website.
- Select Tools (3 vertical dots icon in the top right corner) -> Settings -> Advanced.
- Under Privacy and Security, select Content Settings -> Cookies.
- Next to Allow click ADD and enter https://ondemand.questionmark.eu
In some cases your browser needs to accept third party cookies for a website to work properly. As this function is disabled as default in Safari 6, you will need to use an alternative browser in order to access your Questionmark assessments.
Safari 5.1 and later
Basic instructions on how to manage your cookies in Chrome can be found on the Apple support website.
Open Safari and in the top left corner of your screen click on Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and under Block cookies select the relevant option.
Safari 5.0.x and earlier
Open Safari and in the top left corner of your screen click on Safari -> Preferences -> Security icon and under Accept Cookies select the relevant option. Save changes by clicking OK.