We are aware that many of you have missed the drop-in sessions that we had to stop, in order to ensure that we could cover the significantly increased number of tickets in to Help4U.
We know that many of you found the Drop-ins valuable – and CTIL enjoys running them.
We will be running them slightly differently – Help4U is still very busy, and we have a range of tasks going on within the team. We can’t return to the daily sessions at this stage, so we are reverting to two days a week.
- Drop ins will run 10:30 – 11:30 Tuesday & Thursday, starting Tuesday November 10th
- We’ll still be using the Course Room in the eLearning Resources for Staff Organisation
- The guest link will still work (http://uod.ac.uk/ctil-dropin)
On arrival, you’ll need to use the chat to:
- Provide us with your email address (if you came in via the guest link)
- Tell us school / department you’re in
- Provide a brief summary of your issue
These are to help us in a couple of different ways:
- We can see you in the order in which you arrive if the room is busy
- You might be able to answer someone else’s question – you all know much more now than you did before
- We can use this to easily keep a list of queries, and to help us add to the guides
- We might be able to quickly give you links to relevant guides while you’re waiting
We’ll be setting a 10 minute limit / person – this will help us talk to more people. If your issue is more complex, we’ll find a time that will work for a longer 1:1 session, with the appropriate person in CTIL (which might not be the person running that day’s drop-in).
We’ll review this approach to see how it’s going and to see if we need to make any changes.