Enhance your module.
Enhance your Module is a My Dundee Module, that will encourage you to think about how you get more out of the online learning environment in your My Dundee modules. Designed to be primarily self directed, it guides you through developing a new module to ensure your students will have all the key information they need to start learning.
It will also point you to examples of what’s working well across the University to help inspire you and highlight some approaches to blended learning that you might not be aware of.
The aim of the module is to give staff an authentic opportunity to participate in a fully online educational environment, run in a primarily asynchronous way. This will allow participants to recognise the experience as an educationally worthwhile, flexible, and enjoyable opportunity while becoming familiar with blended learning delivery, initially as a learner, then as an educator.
- To Understand the Dundee Module Baseline, and to apply that knowledge to the use of the core module template
- To design activities that promote an active and collaborative learning experience, using the ABC model
- To become familiar with extant online teaching materials and resource collections, using them in an ethical manner.
- To understand how to secure student engagement and recognise when this is waning
- To be able to effectively use the range of tools that UoD provides and supports
- To consider formative assessment strategies that could support different study patterns that are typical of a blended learning environment
- To develop one’s own reflective practice.
To join the module – sign up!