Collaborate Ultra is regularly updated. The update that is scheduled for March includes (among other things) security updates that may affect users at Dundee
Those who use Collaborate Ultra, and the following browsers
- Internet Explorer 11 (the default browser for those using Windows 7 – i.e. many staff)
- Safari 10 on Mac (for those using Yosemite or older)
Both IE 11 and Safari 10 use Flash to display Collaborate Ultra. However, in July 2017, Adobe announced the end of life of Flash (to end in 2020). Blackboard are updating Collaborate Ultra in preparation for the end of life of Flash, and are only supporting newer (more secure) tools to show media content.
Ensure that you are use one of the following browsers when you are using Collaborate Ultra from a desktop or a laptop.
- Microsoft Edge (not available on Windows 7)
- Chrome – available on all University machines, both Windows 7 and 10. Also available on Mac
- Firefox – available on Windows 7 build University machines, (but not Windows 10 build). You can also install it on Windows 10 on a personal device, and it’s available for Mac
- Safari 11 or above – on Mac
There will be no impact on those using either the Blackboard app (as a student) or Blackboard Instructor (as an Instructor) on iOS or Android.
I have another question …
There is more information on the Collaborate Ultra Release notes (these are updated monthly as new features are added.)
Email – Help4U
CTIL Drop in Sessions (staff only) Tuesday/ Thursday 12-2 in Exchange Street (Booth 5), Mid floor of the main library.