Module leads have a responsibility to review and check ExamOnline assessments for accuracy of content, spelling, punctuation and to avoid potential ambiguity prior to the day of the assessment. Please follow the guidance below to ensure that your assessment is ready to be delivered to students.
Accessing your assessment for testing
You will be contacted by the Assessment team once your assessment is ready for checking. Where possible you will be asked to attend an IT Suite in order to test the assessment as it will be displayed to students.
Where this is not possible, a link to a pdf of the assessment paper will be securely shared with the module lead noted on the ExamOnline Request Form. If you need the assessment to be made available to someone else for checking, please provide their details to the Assessment team.
What to check
You should check the following:
- There are no typos or errors in the question wording
- Pay particular attention to questions which should contain symbols, equations, Greek characters etc.
- Any questions with images display and as expected
- The information on the cover page is accurate
- The module details, date and assessment name are correct
- The time limit is correct
- The number of questions to be answered is correct and the structure of the assessment is clearly explained if there is a choice of questions
- Guidance on how to split time between questions is provided if required
- Information on question weighting is provided if required
- Questions are split into correct sections if required
- Where questions have multiple parts, marks per part of question are displayed and are correct
If no changes are required, notify the Assessment team that testing is complete.
If minor changes are required e.g. adding italics/bold/superscript etc., email the details to the Assessment team including any relevant question numbers.
If substantial changes are required e.g. changing question wording/answers/scoring etc., submit these using the UoD SendTo service making sure to include any relevant question numbers. (Our Sharing assessment papers guide outlines the process for securely sharing your exam paper.)
Once a final check has been completed and you have emailed the Assessment team to confirm this, you can check what happens next?