Over the past few months, we have been working to develop a timeline to release helpful hints, guides, and videos for My Dundee and related teaching tools to students when they need it.
We’ve used student feedback and data from Blackboard to help us make sure each message is released to students at the best possible time. After the beginning of term, we plan to consult with students to make sure that the message release schedule worked and find ways to make this even better in the future.
In this post, you can read about the schedule and linked videos. Each message also contains a link to a blog post that repeats this information so that students can still find help even if they miss a message!
If you are looking for resources you can provide to your students, you can view the full suite of short student-focused videos here, and you can check out the student section of our knowledge base here.
Schedule of messages:
Welcome to My Dundee (runs from 5 Sept to 2 Oct)– overview video getting students familiar with My Dundee
Running during the week before Welcome Week (12 – 18 Sept):
- Set up your profile and notifications – information on setting up a profile picture and notifications, including guidance about adjusting how and when students received notifications.
- What’s an organisation? – explains the difference between organisations and modules and where to find each
- Where is my module? – explains where to find modules
Running during Welcome Week (19 Sept – 25 Sept):
- What’s in my module? – this shows students the basic layout of a module, including the default module template
- Where is my module? – explains where to find modules, this message runs continuously from the previous week
- Download documents in alternative formats – this informs students how to use the accessibility tools in My Dundee
- Participating in online teaching sessions with Collaborate – this lets students know how to access Collabrate, and reminds students to check with their instructors for details of how teaching will take place
Running during Week 1 (26 Sept – 2 Oct):
- Find your activity stream and adjust notifications – this includes information on how to use the activity stream and informatio on adjusting how and when they receive notifications
- How to watch your Collaborate recordings – how to access Collaborate recordings only, reminding students this may not be used in their module and to check with module leaders
Running during Week 3 (10 Oct – 16 Oct):
- How to submit a Blackboard test or assignment – information on submitting Blackboard tests and assignments
- Where can I find my marks? – information on how to find marks and feedback in modules