What is it?
You may want to remove yourself or a staff member from a module when you or they are no longer required to have visibility of it, for example, if the staff member no longer teaches on the module or has left the university. It is important to make sure that staff lists are up to date as well as the student lists to ensure best practice and data security.
What does it do?
In contrast to the enrolment process, Instructors on modules do not currently have permissions to remove other Instructors. If you would like yourself, or another member of staff, removed from one or more modules in My Dundee then we have a process for this.
- Remove users on a module including staff members who no longer teach on the module and ex-employees
- Also remove users through a quick and easy online form
What should I know?
To remove yourself or a colleague from the module, you will need to complete our Staff Unenrolment Form with all the required information. On completion, an e-mail will be sent to Help4U where your request will be actioned by a member of the CTIL team. If we have any queries regarding the unenrolment, we will contact the person(s) named in the form.
Step 1: Within the form, you have the option to specify particular module codes you need staff removed from, or you can request things like “all modules with the prefix ZX” or “all modules from the academic year 19/20”. This can be useful when a staff member has moved discipline/School and needs removed from a bulk of modules.
Step 2: Make sure to include the UoD username for the staff member(s) you require removed.
Step 3: Note the full module code you require them removed from (e.g. ZX11002_SEM0100_1920) as this will help us to ensure they are being removed from the correct instance of the module.
Note: that the reason we don’t do staff enrolments or removals centrally is that modules contain secure data e.g. grades, which should only be accessible to authorised members of staff. Neither CTIL, nor UoDIT know who should and should not have access. It is the responsibility of the module leaders and the Schools to manage this access.
- Search for users to add by their unique ID i.e. their username
- Users already enrolled in your module do not appear in the search results.
- Users who have been manually set to be unavailable in the module (i.e. an instructor has unticked the ‘Allow access to course’ option in the Class Register) do not appear in the search results. If you require the user to have access to the module again, any instructor on the module can edit the member information from the Class Register and tick the ‘Allow access to course’ option.
- Do not enrol students in your module as this is usually handled by automatic enrolments taken from the Student Records System, SITS. If a student has matriculated and is registered on a module in SITS but still can’t access it in My Dundee, then please report this to Help4U.