What is My Dundee?
My Dundee is the University’s primary online learning platform where academics can deliver their modules online in part or in full, and students can access content, activities, assessment and more as part of their studies. The platform is based on Blackboard Learn which provides a modern, stable, flexible environment with a range of tools to support all learning activities.
What does it do?
As a comprehensive online learning platform (sometimes known as a virtual learning environment, or VLE), My Dundee provides a huge range of functionality for our learning and teaching community. It makes up a significant portion of the University of Dundee’s Digital Campus.
- Provides online areas for each of your modules where your instructor can post content, activities, group work, assessment and more.
- Also provides organisations, which are similar to modules but are intended for organisational information and activities e.g. school/discipline areas, student organisations, ad hoc group areas.
- Keep up to date with all your work through messaging, calendars and the activity stream.
- Find and manage your modules using the new Ultra interface
- Access your modules through the Blackboard App
What should I know?
Step 1: To log in to My Dundee, first, go to your internet browser and go to http://www.dundee.ac.uk/students/.
Step 2: Select the My Dundee icon
Step 3: Sign in to My Dundee using your university email address.
Step 4: Enter your password
If you are unsure of your password, select forgotten my password and follow the steps to generate a new one.
If you encounter any issues logging in to your university email address or changing your password, contact Help4U in the first instance.
Step 5: After entering your password successfully, you will now be asked to enter a code. You will receive a call or text to your nominated mobile phone number or via the Microsoft Authenticator app.
Multi factor authentication adds an extra layer of security when logging in to all university systems. For more information on MFA including how to set it up, please visit https://www.dundee.ac.uk/guides/mfa.
After successfully entering your one-time MFA code, you will now be logged in to MyDundee!